In this article, we will discuss various fun things to do in Greensboro. Greensboro is the city of North Carolina (NC) in the United States of America. It is the 3rd populous city in North Carolina. Greensboro, NC is known for its nightlife, shopping, and mainly for horses. More than 8,000 buyers per year visit the Sharpe Family Horse Farm. Greensboro maintains its name in the mass of science centers, gardens and especially botanical gardens. The swamp Garden features a breathing wetland ecosystem. History is also residing here with museums devoted to the Revolutionary War, the Civil Rights movement and the Civil War. After a day of visiting the attractions, visitors look to the Four Seasons Town Center for food, drinks, shopping, and a movie. It is a perfect place to spend a nice vacation with your friends, family. You can also plan a solo trip here. So, book your tickets while we suggest you various fun things to do in Greensboro, NC.
Top Things to do in Greensboro:
1.) Children Friendly Fun Zone
If you are planning a vacation with your family and small kids, you can find several children’s fun and adventurous activities here. It will make your kids enjoy to the fullest and keep them happy, in turn, it will make you happy. Below are some of the fun things to do in Greensboro, NC for your kids.
- Greensboro Ice House is open throughout the season.
- The Emerald Pointe “Wet n Wild,” Greensboro, opens in the month of June, July, and August and on selected weekends and holidays in the month of May and September.
- Greensboro Children’s Museum, which opens for non-members from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Greensboro Science Center Aquarium, Museum, & Zoo are open all year round.
- Celebration Station, Greensboro is also open year round (but depends on the weather).
2.) Local Parks and Other Adventurous Activities
Some of you might be fond of greenery, morning walk, running, jogging or nature admirer. We have taken care of that thing too, along with some other adventurous activities. Below, we have arranged a list of local parks.
- Leisurely walk through this 17 acres of woody landscape, special garden exhibit and a distinctive structure at the Greensboro Arboretum.
- Pass through 7 acres of marshland at the Bog Garden present at Benjamin Park with its gush waterfall, numerous varieties of birds, plants and plentiful wildlife.
- Enjoy miles of picturesque hiking and biking trails at this Bur-Mil Park. Take a big turn around to catch up with the Greenway. Rent a bicycle, bring a picnic, and discover the beauty of nature’s magnificence.
- Enjoy the harmony of fishing for crappie, largemouth bass, catfish. Bream in any of the four lakes or ponds offered at the 409 acres of the Hagen Stone Park.
- Respect the Tanger Family Bicentennial Gardens, famous for its 7.5 acres of enormous plantings, artistic statuaries, and bronze sculptures devoted to providing a satisfying retreat.
3.) Historic Attractions
History is the heart of any place you tour. It is the best way to know about any place you visit. So, if you want to know the past of Greensboro, you can go for the various Museums and other historic places mentioned below.
- Attend a battleground reenactment at Guilford Courthouse National Military Park. Here, Nathan Greene and his 4,500 troops conquered Lord Cornwallis and English troops in the Southern movement of the American Revolutionary Conflict on March 15, 1781.
- Explore the International Civil Rights Museum, previously F. W. Woolworth & Company, where on February 1, 1960, the “Greensboro Four” presented a sit-in for civil liberties at the “whites only” lunch premises.
4.) Outdoor Recreational Things to do in Greensboro, NC
Some of you may be fond of recreational activities and may wonder where to look for in this Greensboro city. No need to wander anywhere as we have arranged some fine recreation things to do in Greensboro, NC, such as
- You can try your hand in this eighteen holes of golf on a world-class golf course place located in Grandover Resort.
- Also, you can look for gold at Crystal Gardens and the Castle McCulloch.
- Gillespie Golf Course located on the East Florida street, Greensboro, NC.
5.) Performing Arts & Theatre
If you are into arts and theatre, we have arranged a list of places which can fulfill your wish for experiencing some art and theatre activities.
- Greensboro Symphony Orchestra under the management of Dmitry Sitkovetsky, who is a world-famous violinist and conductor.
- You can also see the Greensboro Ballet or can watch a classic movie at this Carolina Theatre, formerly called “Showplace of the Carolinas”. It started in 1927 with a 2,200 seat vaudeville theater. The original construction and Greek design remain unchanged and are much of an attraction for the shows it presents.
- Also, you can visit this Barn Dinner Theatre for a luscious meal and a Broadway style of the show.
6.) Cultural Attractions
Take a tour of nearby wineries and vineyards. Taste the wines made from grapes grown in the vicinity itself. Below are some of the places suggested.
- Childress Vineyards, located in Thomasville.
- Grove Winery & Vineyards situated in Gibsonville.
- Stonefield Cellars & Winery in Stokesdale.
You can also try a few of the local beers made here in North Carolina only at:
- Foothills Brewing in Winston, Salem.
- Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery in High Point.
- Natty Greene’s Pub & Brewery located in Greensboro.
7.) Shopping & Leisure Time
Some of you may like to shop something to take back with you as a remembrance of this place. So, below we are suggesting you some places where you can look for the things to take along with you back to your home. So, shop till you drop.
- Four Seasons Town Center Mall in Greensboro, NC.
- Tanger Outlet Mall in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- If you are tired of shopping, then take yourself to this comfy pampering Spa located at Grandover Resort.
8.) Dining Restaurant, Bars and Clubs
You would definitely look for some fine dining restaurants in Greensboro but may get confused. So as to know which restaurant to go for, we have mentioned below some of the decent dining addresses in Greensboro.
- Dine in Italian manner at this luxurious DiValetta Restaurant at Grandover Resort.
- Thirsty 2 in North Chimney Rock Road, Greensboro, NC.
- Q Lounge on West Market Street, Greensboro, NC.